Revolution Rowing is a company based out of Metro Atlanta in North Georgia that specializes in the design and manufacture of high-quality rowing equipment.
Three reasons why the Placid Wakeless Launch is better than the rest:
- Reasonably proportioned at 17' 2" X 6' 2"
- Maneuvers like a jon boat, not a yacht
- Spacious cockpit with integrated write-on clip board
- Perfect for officiating regattas and races
- Unsinkable, foam filled pontoons
- Integrated grab rail for rescue purposes
- Stable design for a small boat
- Great up front pricing
- Lowest cost of ownership because of low maintenance
- Multiple accessories available
Our pontoons are constructed using a process called vacuum forming. The durable material, Weather X, has excellent impact and abrasion resistance as well as a bright and brilliant finish. The pontoons are then topped off with two-part polyurethane expanding foam, a closed cell foam which will not absorb water over time.
The decks of the Placid are constructed of a space age synthetic called Thermalite, covered with a non-skid coating and attached to a sturdy aluminum frame.
Standard accessories on the Placid include steering wheel, steering cable, two cup holders, integrated clipboard, swivel seats and storage box.
Normal capacity is one driver and one passenger with space for up to two passengers. Please note that low wake performance suffers with additional passengers and that unlike other wakeless launch manufacturers, Revolution Rowing makes no claims about the rescue capacity of its launches.
The ideal power plant for the Placid is a 15 horsepower engine, but the Placid can also accept a 9.9 or 20 horsepower engine as well.
Approximately 1:00 splits over a 500 meter course. Turning radius of 27 meters (2 rowing lanes)
The Placid can be outfitted with a windshield, nav lights, bimini top, and/or a steel trailer.